As you may have seen, I’ve been known to write a football blog or two in my day. But everything I write covers the NFL. Why don’t I ever write about college football? Because I don’t give a damn about football players until they become whining, overpaid, entitled assholes. I don’t write about college football because I don’t know it very well. I’m the guy who thought USC stood for “University of South Carolina” as recently as three years ago.
But I understand that hundreds, no, thousands of people look to the WBFF blog as their #1 source for sporting information. So it gives me great pleasure to introduce a new guest blogger who’s going to provide all my readers with the winning picks in each college bowl game this season. We’ll refer to him by his preferred nickname, “The Dream.” I don’t wanna give away his real identity because I don’t want people going after him if he loses you all thousands of dollars over the next three weeks.
But I know that’s not going to happen anyway. You see, even though I know nothing about the college game, that doesn’t stop me from getting an itchy trigger finger when it comes to making bets every Saturday. So rather than blindly pick some winners every week like a woman picking her way through the March Madness brackets, “The Dream” has been my go-to guy for college locks. And I gotta tell you, this year he was something like 9-0-1 against the spread in his locks. The reason why there are only 10 games in that record is because he calls a lock only when he truly means it.
I’m really not exaggerating with how good he’s been (it’s been a nice piece of ongoing comedy to see him struggle so much in the weekly NFL pick ’em league we’re in together…such a genius with college, such a disaster with pro). It got to the point where I felt like someone was giving me a weekly allowance, deposited directly into my online gambling account during the 2012 college football season. And during this holiday season, I’m in the giving mood. Why hoard all of “The Dream’s” picks to myself like an Uncle Scrooge when I can spread the wealth among my readers, like a…hold on, searching google for the opposite of Scrooge…like a Fezziwig!
OK, get out your pen and paper or your ctrl + C. Here we go:
Games Already Played
Gildan New Mexico Bowl: Nevada vs Arizona (-10)
- The Dream’s Pick: Arizona
- Final Score: Arizona 49, Nevada 48
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Toledo vs Utah St (-10.5)
- The Dream’s Pick: Utah St.
- Final Score: Utah St 41, Toledo 15
Those two games have already happened and I wanted to show my readers who The Dream picked in them. He’s 1-1, but I promise you he’s heating up.
San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl: BYU (-3) vs San Diego St
- The Dream’s Pick: San Diego St
Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl: Ball St vs UCF (-7)
- The Dream’s Pick: UCF
R+L Carriers Bowl: East Carolina vs Louisiana-Lafayette (-6)
- The Dream’s Pick: Louisiana-Lafayette
MAACO Bowl: Washington vs Boise St (-5)
- The Dream’s Pick: Boise St
Sheraton Bowl: Fresno St (-12.5) vs SMU
- The Dream’s Pick: Fresno St
Little Caesars Pizza Bowl: Western Kentucky (-5.5) vs Central Michigan
- The Dream’s Pick: Central Michigan
Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman: San Jose St (-7) vs Bowling Green
- The Dream’s Pick: San Jose St
Belk Bowl: Cincinnati (-7) vs Duke
- The Dream’s Pick: Cincinnati
Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl: Baylor vs UCLA (PK)
- The Dream’s Pick: Baylor
AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl: Ohio vs Louisiana-Monroe (-7)
- The Dream’s Pick: Louisiana-Monroe
Russell Athletic Bowl: Rutgers vs Virginia Tech (-3)
- The Dream’s Pick: Rutgers
Meineke Car Care of Texas Bowl: Minnesota vs Texas Tech (-13)
- The Dream’s Pick: No Pick. Let it be known that The Dream is so unsure about this game that he refuses to pick a winner. Be ware.
Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl: Rice vs Air Force (-1)
- The Dream’s Pick: Rice
Pinstripe Bowl: West Virginia (-4) vs Syracuse
- The Dream’s Pick: West Virginia
Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl: Navy vs Arizona St (-14.5)
- The Dream’s Pick: Another no pick! I’m starting to wonder if The Dream created such a confusing spreadsheet for himself that he simply forgot to pick a couple games. Either way, this is apparently a stay-away.
Valero Alamo Bowl: Texas vs Oregon St (-2)
- The Dream’s Pick: Oregon St
Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl: TCU (-3) vs Michigan St
- The Dream’s Pick: Michigan St
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: NC State vs Vanderbilt (-7)
- The Dream’s Pick: NC State
Hyundai Sun Bowl: USC (-10) vs Georgia Tech
- The Dream’s Pick: USC
AutoZone Liberty Bowl: Iowa St vs Tulsa (PK)
- The Dream’s Pick: Iowa St
Chick-fil-A Bowl: LSU (-4) vs Clemson
- The Dream’s Pick: Clemson
TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl: Mississippi St (-2) vs Northwestern
- The Dream’s Pick: Northwestern
Heart of Dallas Bowl: Purdue vs Oklahoma St (-17)
- The Dream’s Pick: Purdue
Outback Bowl: Southern Carolina (-5) vs Michigan
- The Dream’s Pick: Southern Carolina (Let it be known that Michigan is The Dream’s favorite team, so you should feel extra good about this one if he was willing to pick against his alma mater.)
Capital One Bowl: Georgia (-10) vs Nebraska
- The Dream’s Pick: Georgia
Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs Stanford (-7)
- The Dream’s Pick: Wisconsin
Discover Orange Bowl: Northern Illinois vs Florida St (-13)
- The Dream’s Pick: Northern Illinois
Allstate Sugar Bowl: Louisville vs Florida (-13.5)
- The Dream’s Pick: Florida
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: Oregon (-9) vs Kansas St
- The Dream’s Pick: Kansas St
AT&T Cotton Bowl: Texas A&M (-4.5) vs Oklahoma
- The Dream’s Pick: Oklahoma
BBVA Compass Bowl: Pittsburgh vs Ole Miss (-3.5)
- The Dream’s Pick: Ole Miss
GoDaddy.com Bowl: Kent St vs Arkansas St (-4)
- The Dream’s Pick: Kent St
Discover BCS National Championship: Notre Dame vs Alabama (-10)
- The Dream’s Pick: Notre Dame
So there you have it. The Dream has spoken. He selected 16 Favorites and 16 Underdogs.
But why weren’t there any locks in all those picks? Well I asked The Dream and he said he didn’t want to lock in any games just yet, especially because some of these games are still three weeks away. But he said he felt best about his Kansas St and Notre Dame picks. Do what you want with that info.